LOU 4th of July
The Chamber of Commerce continues to unite a team of volunteers to partner with the City of Oxford, Lafayette County, and the University of Mississippi for the Annual LOU 4th of July Community Celebration. This year’s committee was spearheaded by committee chair Meredith Rawl, from local agency Family Crisis Services of Northwest Mississippi, Inc. Family Crisis is a victim service organization providing intervention services to individuals, as well as family support services and prevention education.
The LOU 4th of July committee’s intention is to create a full day of events for the citizen’s of our area to come together and celebrate our community, our military, our veteran’s and America’s hard-won freedoms.
2014 Schedule of Events
Thursday, July 3rd
- 7-10 p.m. Firecracker Bash, presented by Leap Frog
- Venue: The Lyric
- Entertainment: Bouffants
- Casual Dress
- Silent Auction & Door Prizes
- Mr. and Mrs. America Contest
- Ticket prices: $25
- For ticket information contact Teresa Adams, Director, , 662-801-7978
Friday, July 4th
- 7:30 a.m.: “Stars & Stripes on the Square” 5K Classic to benefit the Oxford Lafayette Humane Society Join our facebook page!
- 8:30 a.m.: Fun Run
- 9:30 a.m.: LOU 4th of July Children’s Parade on the Square, lineup begins at 9 a.m. by Something Southern. Click here for a Parade application.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.: PMQ Magazine’s Slice of Americana Pizza Competition **new this year** (at the Powerhouse) Click here for more information.
- 4 p.m.- Nightfall: Activities in the Grove at Ole Miss
- Activities include: Children’s Area, Music, Petting Zoo, Pony rides, Train Rides, Bounceys, Face Painting, Balloons. Refreshments will be available. Click here for a Vendor application.
- 6 p.m.: Independence Day Ceremony in the Grove honoring our local service men and women
- 6:30 p.m.-Nightfall: Grove fun continues with regional live music
- 9 p.m. (Nightfall): Fireworks Presentation over Oxford-University Stadium-Swayze Field. Premium Stadium Seats Available for $2 each, no coolers please. Gates to stadium open at 7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be available.
The LOU 4th of July Committee is presented by the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Want to be involved? The LOU 4th of July Committee is eagerly seeking volunteers to help with the events. To volunteer to help contact committee chair ,