LOU 4th of July
The Chamber of Commerce continues to unite a team of volunteers to partner with the City of Oxford and the University of Mississippi for the Annual LOU 4th of July Community Celebration. This year’s committee was spearheaded by committee chair Meredith Rawl, from local agency Family Crisis Services of Northwest Mississippi, Inc. Family Crisis is a victim service organization providing intervention services to individuals, as well as family support services and prevention education.
The LOU 4th of July committee’s intention is to create a full day of events for the citizen’s of our area to come together and celebrate our community, our military, our veteran’s and America’s hard-won freedoms.
2013 Schedule of Events
Wednesday, July 3rd
- 7 p.m. Firecracker Bash, presented by Leap Frog
- Join the event page on Facebook
- Venue: The Lyric
- Entertainment: The Mustache Band
- Silent Auction
- Mr. and Mrs. America Contest
- Door Prizes: every 30 minutes
- Ticket prices: TBD
- Information: Teresa Adams, Director, , 662-801-7978
Thursday, July 4th
- 7:30 a.m.: “Stars & Stripes on the Square” 5K Classic to benefit the Oxford Lafayette Humane Society
- 9:30 a.m.: LOU 4th of July Children’s Parade on the Square, lineup begins at 9am Click here to register for parade.
- 4 p.m.-9 p.m.: Grove Activities
- 4 p.m. Activities include: Children’s Area, Music, Petting Zoo, Pony rides, Train Rides, Bounceys, Face Painting, Balloons. Refreshments will be available. In the Grove on the campus of the University of Mississippi. Click here for a vendor application.
- 6 p.m.: Independence Day Ceremony in the Grove honoring our local service men and women
- 6:30 p.m.-Nightfall: Regional Live band in the Grove
- 9 p.m. (Nightfall): Fireworks Presentation over Oxford-University Stadium-Swayze Field. Premium Stadium Seats Available for $2 each, no coolers please. Gates to stadium open at 7:30 p.m.
The LOU 4th of July Committee is presented by the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Want to be involved? The LOU 4th of July Committee is eagerly seeking new volunteers to serve on its executive committee for the 2013 festivities. Many positions still need to be filled. We are working very hard to grow our community celebration and cannot do it without you. Meetings are once a month through July. Interested persons can contact Kelly Graeber with Volunteer Oxford at or 662-236-6662, or click here.